07 Mar Texan Baby Friendly Breweries
Whoa, it has been a hot minute since I’ve written in here! Better late than never, right?
Here is a little update… I HAD A BABY! His name is Wyatt and he is cute af! Which brings me to why I wanted to write. Let’s talk about baby friendly breweries and bars. This post will be updated with every adventure we take with our new little brewery baby. Most breweries around our state accept babies and kids but these locations have gone above and beyond to make you and your kiddos feel included! Keep and eye out for locations with changing rooms in BOTH bathrooms. There are a few that I have been to personally. A lot of this list has been compiled from suggestions of many wonderful people around our state. Click on Bold and Italicized words for link to info, product, or page.
What to bring (besides the whole house). Amazon Brewery Baby Must Haves List
- Baby Changing Pad– this is a MUST HAVE! You can change your baby no matter where you are! It works great on changing tables, couches, benches, tables, you get the picture.
- Travel Formula Dispenser– holds your formula so you don’t have to bring the whole box!
- Inglesina Fast Table Chair– another MUST HAVE! This thing is amazing for the LO who has started solids. This thing includes your baby while you can be hands free to eat, drink, whatever you’d like to do. And it’s the perfect way to feed your little one. It attaches to most tabletops and bar tops.
- Sofie teething giraffe- a bonus. I don’t know what it is about that damn giraffe
- A breastfeeding cover not needed but helpful sometimes. Luckily the USA is a nipple friendly country so you can whip it out anywhere to feed your sweet baby!
To all you new mommies
- Back your stroller in. It is easier to pull up a step than push or do a wheelie.
- Hold your car seat like THIS.
- Denton County Brewing Co: This place is SUUUPER kid friendly. They have a changing table in the girl’s restroom with poopy diaper bags! You heard me right little bags to put that nasty dump your baby just took so it doesn’t stink up the whole place. There are even a few secluded spots if you’d to breast feed. A patio to enjoy the sun and plants that are growing (we all know babies love plants). The owner is great with babies so if you just want to hand them off he’ll show them how to brew.
- The Bearded Monk: A perfect artsy bottle shop for your baby to stimulate their senses and you to stimulate your taste buds. Every beer tender here is full of a copious amount beer info. Let them know your flavor for the day and let them pour you a beer and take enjoy.
- Armadillo Ale Works: Another amazing brewery with a coffee shop. No matter what time of day they have got the perfect elixir for you. They have a large inside area. A fenced in patio to keep your little one in.
- Harvest House: A scenic patio with plants and covered fire pits. This spot is great outdoor entertainment for you babe! I’d like to think of it as chill and relaxing. They have scrumptious nonalcoholic options from their espresso bar which includes fresh fruit juices and specialty lattes. They do not have a changing table and do ask for kiddos to be out by 8. I know we have to be out of their way earlier than that otherwise… MELTDOWN central.
- Howling Mutt: They probably have the coolest courtyard with a stage. Great for you to put your feet up and watch your kiddo explore. No changing table. Don’t forget to sign the wall
- Funky Picnic Brewery & Café: They have everything parents need. Highchairs, car seat swings, kid’s menus, games. I saved the best part for last… *changing tables in BOTH bathrooms!
- Hopfusion: nonalcoholic drinks including house made lemonade and rootbeer. *changing tables in BOTH bathrooms.
- Maple Branch Craft Brewery: The maples have a 14 MO and another on the way.
- Fort Brewery & Pizza: There are always family there during the day!
- Wild Acre: great outdoor area with bocce ball.
- Second Rodeo: This is the sister location to the Truck Yard located in the stockyards of Ft. Worth.
- Rhar & Sons: Welcomes wee one’s.
- Community Beer Company: They just moved locations and their biergarten is ginormous! I can’t wait to visit! Their previous location was very kid friendly.
- On Rotation: The owners (who have two kiddos themselves) have created a very family friendly haven in their recent move. They have turf on the patio for easy crawling, kid picnic tables, games, and great food.
- Celestial Beerworks: The owners have 2 kiddos themselves!
- False Idol: They have crayons and sidewalk chalk for them to play on the patio with.
- Vector Brewing: Fenced in patio with the half pint’s play area. A kiddie curfew at 8 pm *Changing tables in BOTH bathrooms.
- Oak Highlands
- Hop & Sting (Grapevine, TX): Beautiful outdoor area*Changing tables in both bathrooms. Older kids: sodas, a house hop lemonade. The chef Voqueros is happy to throw together small kid friendly bites.
- The Truck Yard (The Colony, TX): This place is amazing! It is very doggy/baby friendly! There are sights to see as soon as you enter the property. Vertical cars line the entrance which opens out to a sea of seats and tables, some which are in truck beds. On the off chance they are getting bored with the beautiful tree line and train tracks to stare at they have a toilet seat museum, a must see. Don’t forget to check out the Beard Science brewery! They specialize in sours. They just dropped their first Wild Sour! It was fantastic so keep a look out for their special releases.
- Tupps Brewery (McKinney,TX): a play house and other fun things for kiddos. They are moving locations, but they strive to be family friendly.
- Turning Point Beer (Bedford, TX): Large inside area and fun games to play.
- Siren Rock (Rockwall, TX): Two beautiful outdoor spaces, ping pong tables, and corn hole.
- Lakewood Brewing Company (Garland, TX): Fenced in kids area with lawn games. Be sure to check out the renovations in a couple of months.
- 3 Nations Brewing (Carrolton, TX): Games, coloring books, kids meals, and kids drinks. *Changing tables in BOTH bathrooms.
- Bankhead Brewing (Rowlett & Ft. Worth, TX)
- Legal Draft Brewery (Arlington, TX): kids can make their own root beer! *Changing tables in BOTH bathrooms!
- 903 Brewers (Sherman, TX)
- Rollertown Brewery (Celina, TX): a blocked off parking lot for kids to play in. indoor and outdoor seating and food trucks in the evening.
- Ivanhoe Ale (Denison, TX): They have Crayons, coloring pages, sidewalk chalk, high chars, and great food. Plus Frank spoils all the kiddos!!!
- Edgewise Eight (Weatherford, TX): They have juice boxes and gummies for littles.
Breweries and bars from various cities all over our glorious state.
Austin & Burbs
- Infamous Brewing Company (Austin, TX): A large playscape, toys, games, a lots of room to run. When asked about feeding or changing… there is a private area for both!
- Meanwhile (Austin, TX)
- Batch Kolaches and Beer (East Austin): a fenced in area out back with a bocce ball court.
- Jester King (Dripping Springs, TX): I know this one from experience without kids to be very family friendly. I can’t wait to go visit with Wyatt. It has a playscape and goats!
- 12 Fox Beer (Dripping Springs, TX): Huge play scape and lots of grass to run around in.
- Fitzhugh (Dripping Springs TX): They host a kid’s night one a month, a huge playscape, and a lot of kid friendly menu items.
- Ghost Note (Dripping Springs, TX)
- Family Business (Dripping Springs, TX): Has a playground!
- Barrow Brewing (Salado, TX): Located next to the farmers market on Saturdays. Huge outdoor seating, creek to play in, stone picnic tables. Enjoy your beer while your LO cools off in the creek.
- Whitestone Brewery (Cedar Park, TX)
- The Loose Screw (Taylor, TX): 42 craft beers.
Houston to Galveston & Burbs
- New Magnolia (Houston, TX)
- City Acre (Houston TX)
- Lone Pint (Magnolia, TX)
- Back Pew (Porter, TX): Lots of outdoor space and friendly staff.
- Copperhead Brewing (Conroe, TX): Games for kids: giant connect four, giant jenga, ping pong table, and connect four.
- B-52 (Conroe, TX)
- Frankenboltzzzz Brewing Co. (Montgomery, TX): Games, outdoor space, and even a hitching post for your horse.
- Southern Star Brewing Company (Conroe, TX): Very kid and dog friendly. Keith hosts an art class from time to time.
- Penny’s Beer Garden (Dickinson, TX near Galveston): Large fenced in yard, playground, and garden.
- Vallenson’s Brewing Company (Pearland, TX): big, enclosed yard for littles to run wild. Be sure to bring a ball and sit outside.
- Bakfish Brewing Company (Pearland, TX): Toddler time and kids events.
- Paradigm Brewing (Tomball, TX): Huge area for running with a playground set.
- Galveston Island Brewing (Galveston, TX): Very family friendly with a little playground
- Pour Brothers Brewery (Beaumont, TX): Family and dog friendly. Games outside for them to play.
- KinderHill Brew Lab (Bryan, TX)
San Antonio & Burbs
- Man Overboard Brewing Co. (San Antonio, TX): Kid and dog friendly. Changing stations in the bathrooms and games in the taproom.
- Black Laboratory (San Antonio, TX)
- B.S. Brewing (Seguin, TX): They cultivated a space for families to enjoy their time together
- Gather Brewing Company (Universal City, TX): Kid area with spongy blocks for them to safely wear themselves out. Highchairs to sit in and a huge plus… Changing tables in BOTH bathrooms.
- Krause’s Cafe (New Braunfels, TX): outdoor area and great beer on tap.
Thank you for all the contributions from Craft Beer Girls B&B Texas, DFW Let’s Talk Craft Beer, and Texas Let’s Talk Craft Beer.