07 Jan New Year, New Beer.
Back from a random hiatus! Writing to you while drinking a HEBREW R.I.P.A that was hand delivered by my good Jewish friend and Dogfish Indian Brown Ale and omg, the delicious Franconia Kolsch ! Sorry guys! This Christmas/New years was a busy one. All the way from moving into a new house, celebrating Christmas and hosting a New Year’s Eve Party! Christmas was fantastic as we trekked around Texas up to Wichita Falls and back down to Dallas. Of course, the beerded lady is known in her family so this Christmas was filled of receiving great beers from across the U.S.
Christmas eve I was able to sample brews from all the way up in Alaska. On top of spending Christmas eve with the fam, we were able to play a super fun game… not sure what its called, but it is an amazing game for the family including $1 lottery tickets. By the way… From now on we will be playing this with our friends on special occasions. If you want to know how to play I can totally make a video, but it makes no sense when I type it out!
After much work of owning a house and moving in we decided to host a party! On NEW YEARS EVE the Beerded Lady and her Bearded man threw our very first grown up party in our very first house! The best thing was that my closest friends and family honored me with their presence as well as some great beer to ring the new year in! I was able to try some very amazing Yankee beer on top of some very rare new Glarus Rasberry Tart! So this post is going to be a little different. It is more of a list with small explanations and possibly a rating!
Tastes of the holidaze!
- Oak Cherry Blonde- “beautiful” (insider), the head was a pink color with a sweet tart smell taste. Alaska = hoppy 4/5
- IPA Galaxy- it ended up tasting like Rosemary, Corriander, Pines, Wintergreen and Skunky. Alaska 4/5
- Dirty Bastard- great times with friends that I love! But it was dark bitter with light hints of brown sugar and hints of al and scotch
- New Belgium IPA- Good ole IPA, grapefruit, perfect with Baked beans and brisket
- 2XMAS- Warm and spicey! Very pecan, allspice, malt, cloves, pumpkinish spiced because of the warming but has a deep warming factor
- Dragon Slayer- IPA grapefruit, citrus, hops, deep, flowers, bitter goodness
- Druid Fluid- one of my favorite styles! Barley wine- sweet yeast, with malts, but with hints of citrus and light apples.
- Kilt Tilter- very delicious, Scotch Ale caramel, SCOTCH!, malty, dark nuts, and deep apples.
- DFW: A Collaboration of Two Breweries: this tasted like the goodness Lakewood would put out with cherries. It tasted like a cordial Cherry in a bottle to me!
- Tripel Crown! Obviously this is one of my faves because of the blend! I love my full citrus frothiness and maltiness
- I also had the honor of tasting New Glarus Rasberry Tart- A very rare beer! Alright, so this is about to be the entrance to my sour/fruit beer! As I was tasting it, it was very rich in flavor like fruit, malt, goodness and raspberry tartness. I know I say these guys taste like sweet tarts, but this did not. So all those that are excited about my sour side! Here is the one that is my gateway sour!
Winter/holiday’s are the time when people come back to their hometown which is one of my favorite things! I was able to see my friends celebrate my love for beer with all who I love!
– The bearded LADY
P.S. next week I will be attending the good ole yoga and beer at community again! Come join me if you’re in the DFW area! On top of that we are doing a video blog for it! Oh and I will finally be opening my Bourbon County Rare this weekend for my birthday!